Crisp, clean and pure as the driven snow, she has a passionate and dedicated fan base who just keep coming back for more. Decade after decade she continues her run as a box office fashion smash…Movie stars, cute suits, power broads, all kinds covet her…she is the wonderful white collared shirt. The white collared shirt is such a style staple for me and here’s the Fashion Hound take on this cult classic.
My top 5 tips on how to wear your white shirt
1. Firstly, you don’t need to spend a fortune – Scour the mens sections in thrift stores for sharp white shirt offerings – I found this [never been worn] Calvin Klein garment for $10 at My Salvos Stores. Men’s shirts just seems to have a cooler fit on us girls and if you have a larger bust you are less likely to get that annoying button peep show with a men’s shirt. You should wear the clothes, don’t let the clothes wear you.
2. For a relaxed vibe undo a few buttons and roll up the sleeves or do as the boys do and button up and add a bowtie – super cute and super sharp especially with heels and a skinny jean.
3. Find a good eco drycleaner and when you can get them professionally cleaned and steamed – they just sit so much better
4. Leave it hang loose with slick pants and layer a shorter jumper or knit over your white shirt for an interesting mix of length and texture
5. When your shirt is too old to wear – cut off the collar and cuffs and add brooches and bling to them…they become new feature pieces.
If all else fails steal your Mans, Dads…you know the drill
Denim and jewellery also sourced from Salvos Stores